Pages

September 16, 2010

Being One is Fun!

Having a one-year-old is a blast. Clara is at such a fun age, straddling the line between baby and big kid, and we are enjoying both aspects to the fullest. I love the sweet moments she cuddles in and nurses contentedly when she's sleepy. I also love being tackled by a smiling little monster and rolling around in the yard giggling together!

Careening around the yard holding on to my fingers is currently her favorite activity. But every once in awhile she takes a break and sits down! She likes to ride her "truck" for a while: 
She also loves to hold Sadie's ball and throw it or simply give it to Sadie - she thinks it's hilarious when Sadie gently takes it out of her hand (as you can tell, Sadie is oftentimes forced to be more patient than she would like! I remind both my girls - and myself - daily that patience is a virtue.)
 

When Daddy gets home, he is always commandeered into the role of "walker" while I make dinner. Inevitably Clara ends up with something on her head whenever Daddy's around... 


Today's break in our mid-day exercise involved another fun activity: "driving" the lawn mower. As you can see, it took a lot of concentration!



Ah, a bit of rest after a long day's work. (Note the tongue - it has been hanging out of her open mouth most of the day due to a nasty cold. Although even when she doesn't have a cold, she still thinks it's pretty funny to stick her tongue out!)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I saw that you "liked" my comment on Jordy's Facebook status update so naturally I had to internet stalk your blog!

I love how in love you are with Clara. I love her leather shoes. I love that you are nursing her at one with apparently no plans to stop anytime soon. I love that she wears a hat in the sun!

Sweet blog and precious family.