Pages

August 18, 2011

Putting Up

So far this year (pictures to come):

4 pints of Gingered Sweet Relish and 4 pints of regular Sweet Relish (with some carrot added)

8 pints of Garlic Dill slices

7 pints of Bread & Butter slices

4 8oz jars of Blueberry-Rhubarb Jam, 4 4oz jars of Blueberry Butter

8 8oz jars and 2 4oz jars of Blueberry Jam (1 jar given away already)

From earlier in the year (a few have been given away already) - 5 8oz jars and 2 4oz jars each of Strawberry Jam and Rhubarb Marmalade

Up next: Tomatoes! I am hoping to do some sauce, some diced and some crushed, although I'm not thrilled with how my tomato plants are looking. I may do some local pick-your-own tomatoes as well.

In the fall I plan on at least 24 quarts of applesauce and 6-12 pints of apple butter.

Hopefully my poor stove survives the season - it was not built to hold the weight of my canner full of food! The burner is twisting and the stovetop itself is getting warped from the reflected heat and weight. Guess I better start saving for a new stove!

1 comment:

beth said...

Wow! I think you need a commercial, heavy duty stove! Oh, how I wish you lived closer so we could do this together.