Pages

September 14, 2006

Our Family is Growing!

We have exciting news! This week we welcomed two new additions to our family: Logan, a 6-year-old Morgan/mustang cross, and a dark teal green '97 Saab 900S hatchback.

Logan is Luke's new project horse, which I bought for him as an advance birthday present. He has only been ridden three times - once by me, and twice by Luke. Luke is learning a lot from him and will also be teaching him a lot, such as how to be a good roping horse. Although Logan isn't tall, he's strong as a freight train and a quick mover, so he'll make a great cow pony.

The Saab is my new car, which we bought from a boarder at the barn. I love it and am so excited to actually buy my first car that's all my own. Plus, it's not white! YAY! My first car was a white Tercel that I shared with Daddy. My next car was a small white Toyota pickup that was given to our family. Luke's big Dodge is white. And I've never even liked white cars! Although the Saab needs a couple of things tuned up, it runs well, is in excellent condition inside and out, and is a very fun car to drive. Although Luke has sworn up and down that he'll never be seen driving a car around, he actually enjoys driving the Saab because it's so peppy. I think I may have to hide the keys!

In other news, I've had some exciting rides the past couple weeks. Jamie isn't riding anymore, so I get all the ruffians. ;) I'm being stretched and learning a LOT! This winter will be a huge growing time for me, since I have some awfully big shoes to step up and fill.

My birthday was pretty quiet - Luke and I both had to work, so we stayed home and rested that evening, but went out for dinner with friends the next night. Then, on Sunday, we celebrated by going to a horse show and I rode a slightly crazy horse for four hours straight! But we really had a breakthrough there, and I think he'll be much better now.

Well, it's time for the Cosby Show, so I'm off to watch it and laugh. Hope things are well with y'all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you meant your pregnant or something after reading the headline.

Meh. Oh well.

beth said...

Better be careful with those headlines, sweetheart. I've had emails ready to wish me congratulations!

Erin said...

Thought I might get some people with that... ;) Just keeping everybody on their toes.

And I think I may have to make a rule against anonymous commenting. I want to know who's talkin to me!