Pages

July 16, 2007

"Tasty Little Morsels of Perfect Goodness"

There are many little things in life to be thankful for: the beautiful color on my kitchen walls, the fact that my car gets good gas mileage, a well-braided rawhide honda (guess who contributed that one? ;)), a truck that has over 250,000 miles and is still going strong ("if you can't Dodge it, RAM IT!)... but sometimes even the littler things in life are worth enjoying.

This evening, we had to make a late run into town to deposit some checks and pick up some feed for the barn, so we decided to swing by the grocery store and pick up a few necessities as well. And, well, some not-so-necessities. I try to be very good about making lists, comparing prices, only buying things I need, getting healthy food, never shopping on an empty stomach, etc... but... we were late getting to the store, tired and very hungry since we hadn't had dinner yet. When we walked in, the artisan breads looked so delicious that I picked up a rosemary-olive oil demi loaf and thought, "I'll just have a bite to quell my stomach so I'm not shopping hungry." Yeah, right. Within 10 minutes we had devoured the loaf and sheepishly brought the bag along with us to the cashier... "We were hungry and it looked sooo good, we just couldn't wait!"

And then, all good intentions aside, I looked at the candy bars and completely caved. Splitting Reeses cups (my favorite) with Luke on the way home from the grocery store, the car filled with good food, is definitely one of life's little, simple, slightly naughty pleasures that is oh so good. As Luke put it, "They're tasty little morsels of perfect goodness." You said it, honey!

What are you thankful for today? :)

1 comment:

beth said...

Did you pick up a half gallon of the yummy Stewarts peanut butter cup ice cream on your way home!