Pages

August 02, 2010

A Full Lap

Clara was given many stuffed animals before she was born. I put most of them away, and have slowly brought them out as she has gotten older, but I still have some stashed in her closet. On Saturday while we were playing in her room, she spotted a crazy striped lion that one of my sweet students bought for her, and instantly started signing "please" and pointing to it. So I got it down, she played with it a bit and gave it lots of big hugs and kisses. I didn't think much of it.

Sunday Clara crawled in the living room while we were getting breakfast ready and soon we heard her squealing loudly in delight. Luke peeked around the corner and started laughing at her, swinging the lion back and forth over his head by his mane.

Sunday evening after bath Luke carried her in the living room while I was getting her pjs ready, and she again grabbed the lion and hugged it tightly. She didn't want to let go. She held onto it while I carried her in her room, rubbed lotion all over her, and put her diaper and pjs on. She was still hugging it tightly as we sat down to nurse.

When I put her down to sleep, she was still clutching the lion tight as could be with both arms wrapped around it. For both naps today she has wanted to hold the lion while nursing and has taken it to bed with her. Apparently she is in love. :) When she woke up from her morning nap, she was also playing with her pony and wanted to hold that for after-nap nursing as well as the lion and her mini blankie. My lap was very, very full. :)

1 comment:

beth said...

Sounds like she is following in her Uncle Matthew's footsteps. Maybe one day, she join him as a Detroit Lions fan...he'd be thrilled : )

And by the way, we need (ahem) a picture!