Pages

March 25, 2011

Hair

Yesterday morning Clara asked for my hairbrush, which is not unusual. When I asked if she was going to brush her hair, she said, "Brush.... LEGS!" Of course I laughed, so of course she said it again. I said, "That's a funny joke! Did you tell a funny joke?"
"Uh huh! Funny joke! Funny joke!"

For the rest of the morning she kept repeating, "Brush legs. Funny joke! Funny joke!" What a little clown!

She has also recently started very gently brushing the hair out of my eyes if I have a strand hanging down or a piece come loose from my ponytail. "Brush Mama hair, eyes." Her soft little hands are oh so gentle as she "fixes" it for me.

She hates having her own hair messed with, but the other day, out of the blue, she was playing with my ponytail and said, "You poe-eee tail!"
"Do you want a ponytail in your hair?"
"Uh HUH!"
And she actually let me put in a little ponytail with one of her rarely-used hair clips! It was oh SO adorable and made her look so much older! She did manage to keep it in for a little while, before getting too curious and pulling it out. Sadly, she hasn't wanted one since.



Maybe some day she will let me play with her hair the way she likes to play with mine. :)

1 comment:

beth said...

Oh, my! She looks soooo big and sooo old!!!!