Pages

March 24, 2011

A Sleep Talker?

A few times we have heard Clara make unusual noises in her sleep, as if she were trying to say something. A few weeks ago she actually did say something and I remember wondering if she was awake or asleep because it was quite loud and very clear, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was she said!

Last night I went to a gardening talk with a friend from church, so I was gone at bedtime. This is a true rarity in our house - I think someone other than me has put her down for the night only 4 or 5 times total! As we were lying in bed shortly after I returned home, about to fall asleep, we heard a very hi, very sweet and happy-sounding, "Hi, Mama" from Clara's room. It sounded just like when she sees me first thing in the morning and says "Hi" with a big smile.

Talk about melting my heart! It was like she was welcoming me home, happy I was back after being away for bedtime. Love that little girl with all my heart!

No comments: