Pages

April 19, 2006

Am I a Poet? Or a Cook?

Got this from owlhaven's blog... yeah, the questions are a bit transparent, but I tried to mix it up a bit and it turned out fairly true to my writing style, I think (maybe I should let everyone else judge that, though!).

You Should Be A Poet

You craft words well, in creative and unexpected ways.
And you have a great talent for evoking beautiful imagery...
Or describing the most intense heartbreak ever.
You're already naturally a poet, even if you've never written a poem.


I don't think my "poet side" shows up around here much... I think I tend to "craft" more when I get contemplative.

On a different note, I made a new dish tonight that was really yummy, which I was slightly surprised by! It's called "Pasta Fazul" and I got it from allrecipes... I had bought some cannellini beans the other day, curious about how they'd taste, and needed to use them up, so I made this dish with onion, garlic, carrot, tomatoes, and cannellini beans mixed with pasta (we used rigatoni), parmesan, and a little butter. We both really liked it and it was super easy, so I'm adding it to my list of "throw-together dinners" for this summer when I know I won't have any time to cook!

I also cooked buttercup squash in a new way last night that may be old hat to many of you, but was new and yummy for us! Usually I just make a casserole with butter and brown sugar on top on the mashed squash, but last night I mixed the squash with cinnamon, nutmeg, a dash of cloves and ginger, a little brown sugar (it doesn't need much at all), and maybe 1/3 - 1/2 cup milk. It smelled heavenly - like a pumpkin pie - while baking at 350 for 30-40 minutes, and tasted yummy too (except for I bumped the ginger one too many times, so it was a little too spicy!). The satisfaction of pie in a healthy side dish! Yay!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Erin, I took that quiz and it told me I should be a joke writer. How UNinspiring!

Erin said...

Hehe, at least you must have the gift of being able to make people laugh! I think that's a wonderful trait, and have always been jealous of people who have it.

And hey, jokes don't always have to be cliched and banal... Mommy always used to say something like, "The clearest truths are often told in jest." (Maybe she'll come on here and correct my memory, but it was something like that.)

So maybe you should take it as meaning that you have a unique way of speaking truth that others enjoy hearing! ;)