Pages

April 17, 2006

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Resurrection Sunday yesterday, celebrating Christ's victory over sin and death and the opportunity we now have by grace to spend eternity with Him. What a precious gift our Savior has given us!

Luke and I had a quiet day, which was nice. We had a wonderful church service in the morning, then a special lunch at home together and a relaxing afternoon. In the evening Luke worked a little more on my chaps, cutting out the yokes. Now we are just waiting for his stamping tools to arrive from Montana, as he needs to stamp the yokes before putting them on, and he can't put the belt on until the yokes go on. So we're on hold for a little while, maybe a week or so. But, Luke was able to use some of the scraps to make some nice half-chaps for himself! He is so creative with things like this, able to just look at it for a bit and figure out how to make something that will be both beautiful and functional. He truly has a gift!

This whole weekend has been very joy-filled, as one of my favorite people and good friends got married on Saturday, and the wedding was absolutely wonderful. Both the bride and groom got very emotional during the ceremony, and could barely finish their vows they were so choked up. But the groom managed to recover and surprised his bride by playing (on the piano - he's an amazing pianist) and singing Steven Curtis Chapman's song, "I Will Be Here." The whole church was filled with joy during the entire ceremony, topped off by the bride literally skipping down the aisle, glowing with happiness.

The reception was a lot of fun too. There were a lot of people from Gordon - professors, current students, and alumni - and so it was fun to reconnect with old friends I hadn't seen in awhile. I am just so excited for this wonderful couple! They are both great people who have huge hearts for serving others, and they were obviously so in love and having a marvelous time at their wedding, as were all their family members, which is so wonderful to see. So, we are praising God for this new couple and praying for them as they begin building their marriage.

Now it's back to work! I spent a couple hours this morning working with the data from my study, and have a book to read and write a paper on in the next week. It's only 26 days until graduation, and I can't wait! Thanks so much for all your prayers and support - your encouragment and love is such a blessing to us!

~Erin :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Don't you have senioritis yet?!

Erin said...

Umm, YES! I have horrible senioritis. :P I am so, so ready to be done with school and out of here, especially now that the weather's getting nice. I want to be outside playing with horses instead of in here studying and writing papers! Happily my semester was front-loaded so I can pretty much coast now and focus on packing, take trips to Hoosick, and do other fun things instead of having to grind away at huge projects, etc. Although I can't let myself get too carried away... I do still have work to do!