Pages

April 11, 2006


We finally set up a time to get leather for my new chaps! Luke has been talking with a guy in our church who works for a leather company, and they have a warehouse just a few minutes away.
When Luke told him we had found some leather online to build my chaps, he offered to give us any leather in the warehouse for a dollar less per square foot! So we are going over there on Wednesday to pick out leather for my new custom chaps that Luke is going to make. I like the stamping pattern on the top left for the yoke, and the chaps are going to have a contrasting string weaving down the side like these chaps on the left. In fact, they'll be fairly similar to these, except they'll be much darker (like the leather in the top picture) and without any fringes or silver conchos. I'm so excited! I can't wait to have them, because the past few times we've been up at Jamie's my legs have gotten all bruised from pinching in the saddle, but these will keep me nice and protected.

On a completely different note, we're excited about going to Vanessa and John's wedding on Saturday, down in Framingham. I'm sure it will be beautiful! The weekend after Easter I have a Phi Alpha Chi Honor Society Dinner on Friday night, and then we're heading out to Hoosick to move some of our stuff out and help them get ready for the Grand Opening, which is the next weekend (the 29th). Our concert of the The Creation is the next day, the 30th, so we'll have to scoot back here in the morning. The last day of classes is May 3rd, my two final exams are on May 9th, everyone gets here for Baccalaureate on the 12th, graduation is the 13th, and the 14th we head to Hoosick for good! So things are quickly winding down.

Oh, one other quick thing. Yesterday at the "Internships and Success Stories" session, guess who I saw? Aunty Gail and Ben! We chatted for a bit afterwards about the summer, our move, and making sure we get down to Williamstown to see them too. So it was fun to reconnect after not seeing them since last fall.

Well, I'm off to finish my reflective journal and do some reading. We'd love to hear from y'all!

Hugs,
Erin

1 comment:

Nicole said...

WOW! Sounds like you guys will be busy busy busy for the next few weeks! Your mom told me today about your blog. I can't wait to read all the posts and look forward to future posts!

You can look at our blogs by going to my profile. We have a general one for the family and then Emma has her own with lots of pictures!!

~Nicole Kelly