Pages

April 18, 2006

Out of the Funk, Into the Whirlwind!

Whew! Today has been busy, but good. Last night we got our things out of storage - my barn stuff, two suitcases, and one big plastic bin - so that I could pack today. This morning I worked on laundry and packing, and got all our coats and winter blankets into one suitcase (Luke has a lot of coats! :P) and all our books (that I'm not currently using for school) plus a bunch of miscellaneous stuff into the plastic bin. I'm feeling pretty good about the packing, as pretty much all we have left are clothes, kitchen stuff, and breakables. Ugh, the fragile stuff is what I don't like dealing with... pictures, glass vases/candlesticks, mirrors, that kind of stuff I always find a pain to pack up, and I'm not really sure what to pack it in. I'm sure I'll figure something out though.

This afternoon I've been finishing laundry and homework for tomorrow. The homework's done, and I just have one load to fold. I feel like I've had a productive day! I am praising and thanking God so much right now, because the past week or so I feel like I've finally pulled out of this blue funk I've been in since the beginning of the semester. The past few months it's really been a struggle for me to get anything done. I've felt completely unmotivated towards my schoolwork, and learning has definitely been more a burden than a joy. As Luke can attest, my lack of motivation also extended to our apartment, which has been in a pretty sorry state. I wasn't sleeping well, and felt like I barely had the energy to do what it took to get by. But thank God, the past week the cloud has seemed to dissipate, and this weekend my usual motivation is back full force! I've been spending more regular time with God, enjoying the beauty of spring, and getting both school and house/moving projects done in a timely manner. It feels great to be back! :)

On that note, I'm going to go fold my last load of laundry and try to figure out if there's anything else we don't need for the next 25 days that I can pack up to take to Hoosick this weekend! There's a chance of showers, but I'm hoping at least for nice weather on the drive out so that our stuff doesn't get all wet! Once we get there it can rain if it wants to, because we probably need to stay inside and plan for the Grand Opening anyway!

1 comment:

owlhaven said...

Good luck with moving! Here from Shawnda's

Mary, mom to many