Pages

April 24, 2006

Progress in NY

We got back from a crazy weekend in NY late last night and are both feeling the effects of it today! The weather was horrible, particularly so in comparison to how beautiful the previous week had been - it was cold and rainy all weekend, but that only encouraged us to stay inside and work! Luke did a lot of work on the trim and cabinets in the tack room, and I was staining and varnishing all weekend. It's really looking beautiful, with natural pine walls and cherry-stained trim.

Jamie is feeling somewhat better. It's weird, as she was just talking on the phone Wed. night when she suddenly was in agony. She's taking several prescriptions and is scheduled for some more tests to see what the problem is. Continued prayers would be much appreciated!

I finally managed to get a rough sketch of our schedule for the summer. This doesn't include any clinics by others we might go to, or even most of the shows we'll be attending, but it's a basic outline of the major events for the next few months:

April 29 - Grand Opening! (HGF)
May 13 - GRADUATION!!!
May 14 - We move to Hoosick
May 27 and 28 - Demo (Saratoga)
June 10 - Clinic (Grafton)
July 3-7 - Horse Camp! (HGF)
July 8-9 - Clinic (HGF)
July 10 - August 4 - Vermont Summer Festival Horse Show (Dorset)
September 16-17 - Clinic (HGF)

Yep, we'll be busy! But we're greatly looking forward to the summer and all the challenges and new adventures it will have to offer. Only 19 days until graduation!

Edited to Add: We also found my old chaps and ripped the zippers off of them to use on my new ones. Depending on when Luke's stamping tools get here, we're hoping to make good progress on my chaps next week, and they should definitely be done by the time we move. Yay!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Ummm...I didn't see GRADUATION listed as a major event?!?! :)

Erin said...

Hehe, you're right! I was focusing on horse stuff, so I've gone back and added it. :)

Unknown said...

I noticed that too! Somebody has her head on things beyond college....

I am tired just reading that schedule. I'd better go put my feet up.

Nicole said...

LOL! If you could just get this whole college thing out of the way and move on with the rest of your life! :) HA!