Pages

April 14, 2006

Spring Cleaning!

Woohoo, it's sunny and 60 degreees outside! This morning I cleaned out my dreser and switched all my winter clothes into a chest and got out all my spring/summer clothes, so I feel happy and excited for the warm weather and like I have a whole new wardrobe! I love changing clothes for the seasons because I find things I didn't even remember I had and it makes me feel like I just went shopping for a bunch of great clothes! :)

There are no classes today or Monday, so I'm having a big cleaning and packing weekend. Yesterday I cleaned our bedroom and cleared off/cleaned my desk and sorted through all my old papers. If you've ever seen my dad's office, you know what a challenge that was, as I'm definitely my father's daughter! I also cleaned the living room, as there was leather spread everywhere. It smells like a tack shop in here! Luckily Luke and I both love the smell of leather.

Yes, we got the chap leather, and Luke already has the legs all cut out! Next he's going to start working on the yokes and the belt. And, I was wrong about what color I was going to get. I wanted a darker brown, but while we were at the warehouse Luke convinced me to get a gorgeous buckskin color instead. The leather is soo soft and beautiful, and I'm so excited!

This evening we're going to find a wedding present for our friends who are getting married tomorrow. They're not registered anywhere that I've been able to find, so I'm praying that we pick out the right gift!

As I was reflecting on Matthew 26-28 for an assignment, I put together a number of scriptures focusing on God's love and Christ's sacrifice for us. You can see them here, on my other blog. What a great God we have, who shares in our sorrows, taking on our mortality to offer us His life. Today is truly a Good day.

No comments: